Bullish copper? We are. And so is Goldman Sachs.
Kodiak Copper Corp (TSXV:KDK, OTC:KDKCF) is applying a proven exploration approach to its MPD copper asset in Southern B.C. which has resulted in the “Gate Zone discovery” in September 2020 – the best drill results in the 50-year history of the project. The discovery attracted mining giant Teck Resources to invest $8 million into the Company.
They are not slowing down. This year Kodiak has two drill rigs turning on a fully funded drill program of up to 30,000 meters and have already expanded the Gate Zone discovery strike length by 6 times (from 125 meters to 800 meters) with the latest round of drill results (See news release dated July 7th, 2021)
British Columbia is home to one of the largest, most productive mineral trends on the planet. The Quesnel Terrane (more commonly known as the Quesnel Trough) is a Triassic‐Jurassic age arc of volcano sedimentary rocks that hosts a number of large copper and gold porphyry deposits, several of which are currently in production.
Today’s exploration and mining companies have been met with tremendous success in revisiting historic data, using modern exploration techniques. Systematic geophysics and diamond drilling allow for examination and testing of rock well beneath historic workings for the first time, opening up potential for major new discoveries.
Kodiak Copper Corp (TSXV:KDK, OTC:KDKCF), situated in proximity to some of these giant mines, including Teck Resources Highland Valley copper mine (the largest open pit copper mine in Canada) was founded by Chairman Chris Taylor, also a founder of Great Bear Resources (TSXV: GBR, OTC:GTBAF) whose valuation reached nearly a billion dollars (CAD) in the Summer of 2020.
60 Second Investment Summary
- According to Goldman Sachs (April 2021) “copper is the new oil” and forecast “2020s are expected to be the strongest phase of volume growth in global copper demand in history.”
- Kodiak Copper Corp (TSXV:KDK, OTC:KDKCF) is a sister company of Great Bear (TSXV-GBR), which recently made one of the most significant gold discoveries globally and generated substantial returns for shareholders.
- Applying Great Bear’s strategy in the copper space – unlock the value of historically drilled, underexplored assets in prime locations using new interpretation and technology.
- Proven approach with recent Gate Zone discovery at the MPD copper gold project in Southern BC– best drill results in the 50-year history of the project.
- MPD shows all the hallmarks of a significant, multi-centered alkalic porphyry system – copper and gold mineralization historically drilled over large areas.
- Fully funded drill program underway for up to 30,000 meters. With two drill rigs active steady news flow is expected.
- Six-fold increase in its drill-confirmed strike length of the Gate Zone to over 800 metres, and the identification of high-temperature bornite-rich copper mineralization – growing similarities to other large scale copper porphyry systems in British Columbia.
- Tight capital structure with only 48 million shares outstanding – Teck Resources became largest shareholder with $8 million investment.
- Member of Discovery Group led by well-respected mining entrepreneur John Robins – access to technical and capital market expertise, track record of rewarding shareholders.
Click Here to Read Full Initiation Report on Kodiak Copper Corp by Intrynsyc Capital Corp: “Rare Copper-Gold Porphyry Discovery in a Tier One Jurisdiction“
Mr. Taylor’s Great Bear Resources (TSX:GBR) saw its share price skyrocket from 0.60 to nearly $20 in less than two years, creating fortunes for his fan base.
Kodiak is also part of the prestigious Discovery Group, giving them unparalleled access to an alliance of resource-based public companies collectively working on over twenty projects from grassroots exploration to mine development in Canada, the US and Latin America. In the last 12 months Discovery Group companies have raised in excess of $350 million in equity.
Chris Taylor is at it again, teaming up with a former GM of Rio Tinto and now President and CEO of Kodiak, Claudia Tornquist.
Kodiak Copper Corp (TSXV:KDK, OTC:KDKCF) is implementing a strategy similar to the one that made Great Bear a resounding success, this time targeting copper and gold in a large porphyry geological setting.
2020 saw the Company encounter remarkable drilling success, which quickly drew the attention of mining giant Teck Resources (NYSE: TECK). Teck proceeded to invest $8 million into Kodiak Copper at $1.95/share, resulting in 9.9% ownership of the junior exploration company.
Kodiak is focused on its 100% owned copper porphyry projects in Canada and the USA. The Company’s most advanced asset is the MPD copper-gold porphyry project in the prolific Quesnel Trough in south-central British Columbia, Canada, where the Company made a discovery of high-grade mineralization within a wide mineralized envelope in 2020.
On April 19th, the Company announced that it has added the 4,980 hectare Axe property which is contiguous with their MPD Project.
The Axe acquisition expands Kodiak’s land holdings to 14,716 hectares (147 square kilometres) to become a large-scale exploration opportunity with multiple proven copper-gold occurrences with exploration upside.
Given the Company’s aggressive drilling plans for 2021 (up to 30,000m of drilling), and robust fundamentals for the copper market, this may be the perfect storm for investors seeking strong growth situations.
On January 5th The company released an Annual Shareholder Letter summarizing 2020’s success story while providing guidance on what shareholders can expect this year.
Kodiak is fully funded for up to 30,000 metres of drilling as well as further geophysical and geochemical surveying, prospecting and geotechnical studies. The drill program will commence early in the year with one drill rig, with plans to add further rigs as work progresses.
In November 2020 the Kodiak Copper team, including CEO Claudia Tornquist and Chairman Chris Taylor, recently hosted the Spotlight Mining team at their MPD copper-gold porphyry project to film this site tour; a perfect introduction to the opportunity for investors new to the story.
2021 Drilling Success Continues
On July 7th Kodiak released the first drill results of its 30,000 meter, 2021 drill program at MPD highlighting a significant 6-fold increase in the strike length of the Gate Zone discovery, expanding it from 125m to approximately 800m in a North-South direction.
- New drill hole MPD 21-009 was a 575-metre stepout south of all other Gate drill collars, and intersected 87 metres of 0.51 per cent copper, 0.43 gram per tonne gold and 0.81 g/t silver within 242 metres of 0.38 per cent copper and 0.22 g/t gold and a broader 468-metre interval of 0.25 per cent Cu, 0.16 g/t Au and 0.51 g/t Ag.
- MPD 21-009 intersected the first high-grade bornite-dominated copper-gold-silver mineralization observed on the property, accompanied by strong, illite-kaolinite overprinting of potassic alteration. Alteration and mineralization suggest this is the highest temperature area of the Gate zone porphyry copper system drilled to date and may be located closer to a potential mineralization source than the original Gate zone discovery area.
- With over 15 drill holes completed by Kodiak to date, results suggest that the 1.2-kilometre-long copper-in-soil target in this area is underlain by a significant copper-gold-silver porphyry system.
Claudia Tornquist, president and chief executive officer of Kodiak, said: “We are delighted with the 2021 drill results to date. This is a big step forward, validating our thesis that MPD has the potential to host a major porphyry system. We have still only tested a portion of the target area defined by the copper-in-soil anomaly that is related to the Gate zone mineralization. We are also looking forward to further exploration along the underlying three-kilometre-long magnetic trend that extends all the way to the Man area which has historical copper in trenches and shallow drill holes. With two drill rigs turning now we also plan to turn our attention to other, equally promising target areas such as Dillard in the second half of this year.”
Kodiak Copper Corp. (TSXV:KDK, OTCQB:KDKCF) carries a market capitalization of ~$66 million (CAD) as of August 4th.
Given the Company’s acclaimed leadership team’s history of delivering tremendous success to shareholders and a strong outlook for the copper sector, we encourage investors to familiarize themselves with the Kodiak story as the company continues to aggressively build on exploration success to date.
With two drill rigs turning shareholders can expect steady news flow delivering ongoing results.
Mining giant Teck Resources is a major shareholder, having purchased their shares at a cost of $1.95/share.
Visit Kodiak Copper Corp to learn more.
The Hot Stocks Review (“HSR”) website is owned by Mountain Capital Corp. (“Mountain Capital”).
Those terms include your acknowledgement that: (i) HSR is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer; (ii) the information presented on this website is for informational purposes only and is not to be treated as advice or a recommendation to make any specific investment; (iii) you should consult with a registered investment advisor or financial advisor before making any investment decisions; and (iv) HSR provides readers with information regarding publicly traded companies that may have paid a fee to HSR to provide promotional services on their behalf, or of which HSR and its directors, officers, or employees may own securities.
Pursuant to an agreement between Kodiak Copper Corp. (“Company”) and Mountain Capital, Mountain Capital has been hired to publicly disseminate information about the Company via digital communications. Mountain Capital has been paid $7,500 for these services. Mountain Capital and its directors, officers, and other principals own, in the aggregate, zero shares of the Company as of the date of this post.