60 SECOND SUMMARY:
- Billionaire investors, medical establishment influencers and an an increasing number of State legislators have recognized psychedelics as a viable treatment to otherwise untreatable mental illnesses.
- We are in the early stages of what looks to be the next major pharma-disrupter. Stocks in this sector are soaring as a $100 billion total addressable market has opened up, giving rise to lucrative investment opportunities in the space.
- Core One Labs (CSE: COOL, OTC: CLABF) with world renowned leadership, patent-pending sublingual compound delivery strips, and access to one of three psychedelic licensed labs in Canada, has pulled together the infrastructure required to provide optimized and scaled products and services in this exploding market for a fraction of the cost of competing methods.
- Core One Labs Executive Chairman Dr. Robert Hancock, founder of several private and public companies, is an internationally renowned academic in Microbiology and Immunology and one of the World’s most highly cited International Scientific Indexing (ISI) research authors. Dr. Hancock is also the holder of the Canadian Research Chair in Health and Genomics, as appointed by the Government of Canada, and a recipient of the Order of Canada, in addition to numerous other major health research awards.
- Core One subsidiary Vocan’s recombinant production of psilocybin is a significant improvement over the current methods of psilocybin production. Reducing both the cost and time needed to produce and purify psilocybin to only a few days, compared to much longer and more expensive methods for whole mushroom extraction.
- Collaboration with UBC Research Faculty enables Core One’s Vocan to fast track its production method of biosynthesized psilocybin. State-of-the-art equipment will allow for enhanced analysis of the compound, and the additional personnel exponentially increases the capacity of Vocan’s Research Team.
April 29, 2021: Core One Labs Appoints Patent Expert, Dr. Dan Polonenko, To Advisory Board
Dr. Polonenko has been listed in IAM Patent 1000 – World’s Leading Patent Practitioners since 2014, IAM Strategy 300 – World’s Leading IP Strategists during 2014-2016 and is the recipient of the 2016 Clients Choice award from ILO/Lexology for patent services in Alberta.
April 26, 2021: Core One Labs Vocan Biotechnologies Enters into Collaborative Research Agreement with UBC
“The collaboration with UBC Research Faculty enables Vocan to fast track its production method of biosynthesized psilocybin. The state-of-the-art equipment will allow for enhanced analysis of the compound, and the additional personnel exponentially increases the capacity of Vocan’s Research Team,” stated Joel Shacker CEO of the Company.
April 21, 2021: Core One Labs’ Vocan Initiates Engineering and Design of a Proprietary Production System for Manufacturing of API-Grade DMT
“Psychedelics are finally having their day in the sun — not as recreational drugs but as medicines to address society’s problems with mental illness and addiction — and I’m one of the many Wall Street investors who are now backing them,” Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary wrote in an op-ed.
Dr. Robert Hancock, Executive Chairman, Core One Labs, “I am honored to be joining Core One labs as the Chair of their Board. The Company’s innovative business strategy and strong leadership team will position it to grow into one of the largest and most influential companies addressing the health and social benefits of safe psychedelic compounds.”
Mental Health Treatment Has Been Bottlenecked
The medical establishment has been trying, and failing, to crack the depression, PTSD and anxiety code for decades. Most medicines used are derivatives of drugs that were discovered in the 1950s or 1960s. What’s available today is hardly mitigating the devastating effects of mental illness, while leaving a trail of undesirable side effects (insomnia, loss of libido, suicidal impulses,etc). There is a 75% non-adherence rate to anti-depressants, with relapse rates of 40% – 70% (Star*D Study).
Science has recently tapped a new source of effective treatment powerful enough to make incursions into the $1.25 trillion (USD) pharmaceutical industry (Statista.com). The breakthrough has attracted investment from high end venture capital funds including billionaires PayPal founder Peter Thiel, Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary (“Why I’m betting big on psychedelics”) and podcast rockstar Joe Rogan.
These high profile players join rapidly growing support from the medical establishment, including the FDA (FDA Calls Psychedelic Psilocybin a ‘Breakthrough Therapy’ for Severe Depression) and John Hopkins (Psychedelic Treatment with Psilocybin Relieves Major Depression), and have become strong proponents to the medicinal psychedelic movement taking hold around the globe.
The FDA designates a treatment as a “Breakthrough Therapy”, in this case, psilocybin, only when there is significant evidence that a new treatment might prove far more effective than current treatments.
So far in clinical trials, the results of psilocybin-assisted therapy for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) have outstripped those of early trials of antidepressants.
Oregon made history on November 3, becoming not just the first U.S. state to legalize psilocybin, but also the first jurisdiction in the world to lay out plans for regulating the drug’s therapeutic use.
Most recently a Florida state lawmaker announced plans to imminently introduce a bill that would legalize psilocybin-assisted therapy in the state.
A Johns Hopkins University controlled trial for treating MDD with synthetic psilocybin found 71 percent of patients experienced a “clinically significant response” (an improvement that lasted at least four weeks after treatment). And 54 percent met the criteria for total “remission of depression.”
With few major advances in psychiatry in recent decades, psychedelics are now viewed as potentially one of the greatest therapeutic breakthroughs in modern history, and early stage investors stand to make a fortune.
The investment opportunity
As science continues to establish the use of psychedelics as a viable means of therapy, a generational, ground floor investment opportunity has opened up for early stage investors.
Since the highly publicized March 2020 IPO of MindMed (CSE:MMED), backed by Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary, the psychedelic sector has seen a number of high profile companies list their shares for trading. MindMed’s shares have skyrocketed over 1000% since going public, to $4.30 (Feb 10) giving it a market capitalization of $1.45 billion CAD.
Most notably investors have given a further stamp of approval to the industry with Compass Pathways (Nasdaq: CMPS) IPO on September 18th at $17/share. Shares closed that day at $29, rocketing to $47 on November 27th for a gain of 175%, valuing the company at $1.7 billion (USD).
These companies’ valuations are going through the roof for good reason. They are in the early stages of staking their claim to a $100 billion/year global addressable market for mental health treatment and solutions (* Canaccord Genuity, “Around the Corner”, May 2020).
Core One Labs (CSE: COOL, OTC: CLABF) is wading into this seismic opportunity to help patients alleviate, and eventually overcome severe mental conditions, while offering investors a chance to participate in what could be a once-in-a-generation investment breakthrough.
Core One Labs is a biotech company focused on bringing psychedelic medicine to market through novel delivery systems, psychedelic assisted psychotherapy and API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) grade psilocybin manufacturing.
Pulling a Judo move to vault itself ahead of the pack, the Company finalized its acquisition of Vocan Biotechnologies, led by one of the world’s leading micobiologists and giving it access to one of three psilocybin-licensed labs in Canada. Vocan is a Canadian-based genetic engineering and biosynthesis research firm developing a proprietary low cost production method to biosynthesize GMP grade psilocybin. Vocan, specializing in protein expression and biosynthetic fermentation, has discovered a patentable method of producing psilocybin, the active ingredient in psychotropic mushrooms. This technology will enable the production of GMP (good manufacturing practices) API-grade psilocybin, which can be used by pharmaceutical companies, API manufacturers and medical research organizations conducting clinical trials
Core One also owns two psychedelic clinics in British Colombia, and has invested over $20 million to position itself as a globally competitive, vertically integrated provider of products and services in this $100 billion sector.
The Company’s patent-pending sublingual nanostrips further augment this investment opportunity. The dissolvable absorption strips offer patients fast onset, ultra-precise, consistent dosing, and high bioavailability.
Core One further announced a game changing breakthrough on on January 12th. “Through cutting-edge research by the Company’s team at Vocan, a cost effective method for producing biosynthesized psilocybin has been developed. This low cost method of psilocybin production, in combination with the incorporation of psilocybin into the Company’s thinstrip technology, will result in an innovative and first-to-market delivery method of psilocybin for medical purposes.”
“One of the critical issues surrounding the use of psilocybin is accurate dosing in oral delivery methods. Our breakthrough technology is a game changer in the psychedelic space and has the potential to revolutionize the way patients receive psychedelics as medicine and reduce over concentrations and resulting adverse effects.” stated Dr. Robert E.W. Hancock, Executive Chairman of the Company.
Comparatively, the peer chart below speaks volumes in terms of potential upside for Core One Labs as it move forward with an aggressive plan for expansion and development.
Road to Commercialization
One of the biggest fears, and obstacles, to broader adoption of micro-dosing psychedelic compounds has been the misconception of addiction and perception of danger – ie. opening your mind to unpleasant experiences.
The reality is that carefully prescribed and professionally guided micro-dosing produces the exact opposite effect and leads toward the breaking of addiction of dangerous substances.
Conducting scientific tests with naturally grown shrooms can be difficult as it is impossible to determine the exact dose of psilocybin contained in each mushroom. Natural shrooms may also contain other psychoactive compounds, as well as contaminants like mold that could provoke a negative reaction in some users.
For this reason, researchers have largely been using synthetic psilocybin for their trials.
Core One Labs (CSE: COOL, OTC: CLABF) aims to penetrate this significant new market opportunity with a three-pronged approach designed to give them a material edge over the competition.
- Patent pending sublingual delivery system. Traditional psilocybin treatment involves oral (capsule/tablet) options, which could take up to an hour to feel its effects as it travels through the digestive system, not to mention the taxing effect it may have on the liver. Core One’s patent pending sublingual nanostrips are designed to deliver precise, consistent dosing with near-immediate effects, as the active compound enters the bloodstream directly.
- Licensed Clinics. Core One owns 100% of Rejuva and 25% of Shahcor, companies which operate psychedelic-licensed walk-in medical clinics located in Vancouver and West Vancouver, British Columbia. Combined, the clinics maintain a database of over 200,000 patients. The Company intends to leverage this exhaustive database to further optimize its product and service offerings through R&D in these clinics, including the integration of intellectual property related to psychedelic treatments and novel drug therapies.
- 100% owned Subsidiary Vocan Biotechnologies led by acclaimed doctor: Core One has completed its acquisition of Vocan Biotechnologies, a company with access to one of three labs in the country licensed to work with psilocybin. Vocan is led by Dr. Bob Hancock, a leading microbiologist in Canada who has researched and taught at the University of British Columbia for nearly 40 years. Dr. Hancock is one of the most cited doctors in the world regarding psychedelic space and is a holder of the Order of Canada for his contributions in this field. The company intends to produce synthesized psilocybin through Vocan. Synthesized production of psilocybin carries three key advantages: 1) Significantly reduces production cost, 2) Allows for easy scalability to meet high demand, 3) Provides consistent, potent dosages for safe, professional use.
The market for psychedelic derived medicines and therapies is estimated to be as high as USD$300 billion worldwide. Over the past decade, growing societal awareness and acceptance of mental disorders and addiction as real diseases has accelerated the push for new and innovative treatments using psychedelics, including psilocybin.
Core One Labs (CSE: COOL, OTC: CLABF) has emerged as a serious contender in the rapidly expanding psychedelic realm.
The company’s subsidiary Vocan Biotechnologies allows for access to one of three facilities in Canada licensed to produce psilocybin. Dr. Robert E.W. Hancock, chief executive officer and chairman of Vocan, is a leading researcher at the University of British Columbia, a Killam professor of microbiology and immunology, and a Canada Research chair in health and genomics. He is a co-founder of several companies, both private and public, including: Migenix, Inimex, ABT Innovations and Sepset Biotherapeutics. He has won major health research awards and is an officer of the Order of Canada.
Core One’s patent-pending sublingual nano-strips combined with two clinics operating in B.C. and a database of 200,000 patients gives the Company the ability, equipment and personnel to scale their operations and optimize their product and service offerings in order to meet anticipated strong future demand for psychedelic based treatments.
While its still early days in the medicinal psychedelic space, hefty valuations are being placed on the most serious contenders competing for a slice of the $300 billion pie.
Core One Labs, with a low market capitalization compared to its peers, provides investors with an opportunity which could prove lucrative as the industry develops.
While all information is believed to be reliable, it is not guaranteed by us to be accurate. Individuals should assume that all information contained in our newsletter/report/commentary piece/article is not trustworthy unless verified by their own independent research. Also, because events and circumstances frequently do not occur as expected, there will likely be differences between the any predictions and actual results. Always consult a licensed investment professional before making any investment decision. Be extremely careful, investing in securities carries a high degree of risk; you may likely lose some or all of the investment.
Furthermore, it is certainly possible for errors or omissions to take place regarding the profiled company, in communications, writing and/or editing.
Nothing in this publication should be considered as personalized financial advice. We are not licensed under any securities laws to address your particular financial situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized financial advice. The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Please consult a licensed financial advisor before making any investment decision. We hold no investment licenses and are thus neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice. The content in this report or email is not provided to any individual with a view toward their individual circumstances. HotStocksReview.com is a website owned by Mountain Capital Corp (“Mountain”), (100 King Street West #5700, Toronto, Ontario). Mountain has been retained by Core One Labs Inc. to provide strategic digital media, marketing and data analytics services on behalf of the company for an undefined term. The agreement with Core One provides for a one-time cash-only payment. This compensation constitutes a conflict of interest as to our ability to remain objective in our communication regarding the profiled company. Because of this conflict, individuals are strongly encouraged to not use this newsletter as the basis for any investment decision.
By reading this communication, you agree to the terms of this disclaimer, including, but not limited to: releasing Mountain Capital Corp, its affiliates, assigns and successors from any and all liability, damages, and injury from the information contained in this communication. You further warrant that you are solely responsible for any financial outcome that may come from your investment decisions.
Please refer to our complete Disclaimer and Disclosure here