For decades, the lithium-rich region east of Yellowknife remains largely overlooked and untapped. However, a remarkable shift is now underway as multiple companies embark on an ambitious quest to explore this area and uncover its vast lithium reserves. These companies have swiftly mobilized to drill and extract invaluable data and critical minerals.
With a collective determination, these forward-thinking enterprises have placed the pursuit of lithium at the forefront of their agendas. In fact, 7 companies have initiated early-stage lithium projects in the Northwest Territories, predominantly concentrated near the city of Yellowknife. This surge in activity is driven by the pressing need to capitalize on the skyrocketing demand for lithium, particularly in the rapidly expanding electric vehicle industry.
Lake Winn’s mineral-rich belt bears an uncanny resemblance to the lithium mines discovered in the Black Hills of South Dakota and Greenbushes located in Western Australia, where the largest lithium mine on the planet is situated. Is it possible that Lake Winn could carve its path and emerge as one of North America’s largest mining operations? Furthermore, the favorable geological attributes unmistakably point to the substantial potential for the extraction of highly valuable minerals.
Lithium Oasis Unveiled: Exploring the Promising Little Nahanni Lithium Project
Lake Winn’s expansive project area spans an impressive 71 square kilometers (7,080 hectares) within an established mining district. Located at the heart of an under-explored spodumene pegmatite mineral belt, it presents a remarkable district-scale opportunity. With 100% ownership of a sprawling and highly exposed pegmatite system, measuring 7 kilometers in length and reaching widths of up to 500 meters, Lake Winn possesses a substantial and valuable asset. Channel Sample Results from 2016 has revealed impressive lithium oxide (Li₂O) grades, with results reaching up to 3.10%. Furthermore, past drilling activities have demonstrated a remarkable vertical extent of at least 300 meters, showcasing continuous mineralization. The substantial presence of tantalum and tin oxide are commonly associated with this type of pegmatite, further enhancing the project’s value and potential.
The geological characteristics of Lake Winn’s project bear a striking resemblance to the producing and historical lithium mines in Western Australia and Black Hills of South Dakota, indicating significant potential for successful lithium extraction. In addition to its geological advantages, Lake Winn enjoys a positive rapport with the pro-mining government of the Northwest Territories (NWT) in Canada recently receiving a Government Grant for $190k out of their 1mil budget, as well as indigenous fostering a supportive and collaborative environment.
The project also benefits from its close proximity, situated within 40 kilometers of both the Cantung tungsten mine and 30 kilometers from the Howard’s Pass lead-zinc deposit. Furthermore, it’s only 8 kilometers away from the Howard’s Pass access road, providing convenient access to existing mining infrastructure in the area. Adding to its appeal, Lake Winn aligns with Canada’s new Critical Minerals Strategy, which actively supports the expedited development of lithium mines, reaffirming the government’s commitment to its success.
At the LNPG site, two cirques took 81 channel samples during the 2016 field program. A portable rock saw was used to cut the samples. Channel samples, which are similar to diamond drill core in size and function, are thought to be the most representative technique for examining surface exposures. The Prison Wall, Berlin Wall, Great Wall of China, and Hadrian’s Wall dike swarms all yielded channel samples. Highlights from certain dykes inside and around dyke swarms consist of:
Channel Samples 2016
- 1.57 % Li₂O, 250.3 g/t Ta₂O₅ and 0.95% SnO₂ across 1.70 m;
- 2.04% Li₂O, 57.8 g/t Ta₂O₅, 0.05% SnO₂ across 4.00 m;
- 3.10% Li₂O, 53.6 g/t Ta₂O₅, 0.03% SnO₂ across 0.95 m;
- 2.33% Li₂O, 59.0 g/t Ta₂O₅, 0.05% SnO₂ across 1.20 m;
- 1.67% Li₂O, 41.4 g/t Ta₂O₅, 0.03% SnO₂ across 3.75 m;
- 1.83% Li₂O, 67.3 g/t Ta₂O₅, 0.05% SnO₂ across 1.25 m; and,
- 1.63% Li₂O, 52.9 g/t Ta₂O₅, 0.01% SnO₂ across 5.15 m.
Dias Geophysical Limited (“Dias”) recently completed a QMAGT airborne geophysical survey across Lake Winn’s property.
What you’re seeing on the property map is approximately 25% of the geophysical data. The remaining data is expected to be processed and refined imminently.
Lake Winn stands out from the competition through its exceptional team of highly accomplished management and is a paramount asset for any mining company.
Their extensive expertise and proven history of success make them invaluable assets to Lake Winn. In the pursuit of prosperity, Lake Winn has wisely chosen Patrick Power to lead the charge.
Why We Believe Lake Winn (TSXV: LWR) Is A Hot Stock Right Now
- 1,798m of Historical Drill Core was recovered in 2007 and re-assayed in 2017 for Lithium. The historical drilling was done at the top of the mountain targeting tantalum. Lithium in this style of deposit tends to pool at the base of the mountain. LWR is planning to focus its future drilling efforts on drilling into the base of the mountain from the side prioritizing areas with good showings.
Historic Drill Core Re-Assayed – Li₂O Grade Comparison 2007 to 2017
|DDH||2007 Length (m)||2007 Grade Li₂O||2017 Length (m)||2017 Grade Li₂O||% Li₂O Increase|
|MAC006||18.27 m||0.92%||17.96 m||1.03%||12%|
|MAC007||10.94 m||1.20%||9.66 m||1.47%||23%|
- Lithium Plays a Crucial Role in the Energy Transition: The global shift towards renewable energy and increased energy efficiency relies heavily on the availability of lithium. Without essential elements, the pace of the energy transition would be severely hindered, limiting the development of low-carbon electricity potential worldwide.
- Lake Winn’s Undervalued Potential: Despite the current market capitalization of $5 million, the company holds tremendous growth prospects. As more promising lithium results are generated, the company is bound to attract investor’s attention and generate increased investor interest.
- A Seasoned Team: The company boasts a highly experienced leadership team in the Venture Capital industry. Notably, CEO Patrick Power and VP of Exploration Buddy Doyle stand out with their profound understanding of Mineral Exploration in the Northwest Territories, further strengthening the company’s strategic advantage.
- By combining a rich history of lithium results, the critical role of lithium and strategic battery related critical minerals in the energy transition, significant growth potential, and a competent and knowledgeable team, the company is poised for success in the booming lithium market.
Where To Lake Winn & Learn More About The Company
Lake Winn trades on the TSXV under the symbol $LWR.
You can learn more about $LWR on their website at: https://www.lakewinn.ca/
To contact them, you can reach out using the information below:
Lake Winn Resources Corp.
1100-1111 Melville St. Vancouver BC V6E 3V6
Phone: +1- 604-689-1799